Friday, June 30, 2006

Just got back from my mom's graduation. She seemed to have a lot of fun. It started with a lot of lame attempts at humor which were nonetheless more successful than similar ones I've experienced in corporate environments, guess scientists are mostly smarter than business people, go figure. They did go on for far too long. Moved on to free drinks & dancing to hits of the eighties (Come On Eileen, Walking On Sunshine, etc.) through badly overdriven speakers, once the music started ranging more widely in time (Dancing Queen, Mambo No. 5) people started dancing less. Danwen, our charming dinner companion of last weekend, drank a bunch of Smirnoff fruity malt liquor beverages while under the impression they were soda and was saying things like "I feel dizzy, I feel dizzy" and taking a lot of snapshots with her digital camera. I really like her even if she did make me dance & drink wine & c.

Am a wreck waiting to be towed away and crushed in a big crushing thing. Next you see me I will be cubical.

No comments: