Friday, June 09, 2006

Whatever happened to impromptu shrines? Used to hear about a new one on the news every week, now I can't remember the last time I heard the phrase. Anyway, fuck trends, I'm building an impromptu shrine to you in my heart right now.

Feeling pretty out of it, too many shows tonight, was planning to go to house show, but am also tempted by show at PACE involving teens from Nashville... decisions, decisions.

Here's a description of the house show in question from George:

Friday June 9th @ 8pm
@ Crystal/Amy/Donny's house
60 (something) Bradford St.
Northampton (use google maps)
Bromp Treb (chuggin and buggin beep/homeowner)
Juiceboxxx (WI, whiteboy crazy hip hop)
Squidbotz (MI, freakout electronic jams)
Bengeorge7 (Doo-Doo Man salespeople)

Will probably go to that, I guess, despite likelihood of crowded house leading to massive panic response and the selling out of my teenage homies.

1 comment:

poppy bird said...

"makeshift shrine" returns approx. 91 hits in Google News, although the bulk of these are from an AP story on the anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre. too bad they don't let you dedupe.

"impromptu shrine" only returns one hit.