Sunday, June 11, 2006

Forgot to mention that the other day I saw some network nightly news (I think because T was hoping they'd show some of the World Cup opening ceremony) and it seemed even more outlandishly propagandistic than the last time I watched it (maybe 3 years ago?), is my memory faulty or have things gone even more horribly wrong than I thought? Don't know what to make of it, thinking of pushing a semiotic literacy program for schools ('did you know that 9 out of 10 American schoolchildren can't correctly identify the 12 doxic tropes in the following 25 word transcript?'). Maybe we should start a 'General Semiosis', modeled on 'National Geographic', come for the softcore exoticism, stay for the trenchant structural analysis?

OK, sun is back out, off to play with my pup.

No comments: