Sunday, June 04, 2006

I should really be headed into work to swap tapes, check on servers, but nice coffee & nice internet are making me tarry (funny ambiguity). Wonder how my bosses would feel if they knew the person responsible for their 'mission critical' computer equipment was also prone to entering ecstatic states at the drop of a hat.

I think I've given some people the impression that I'm shy or hung up or something, this is total bunk, I'm probably the closest thing to pure sociability you're likely to encounter until the Messiah arrives on his horse, here's the real deal- in addition to being prone to severe floating anxiety, I also have even nastier anxiety focussed on social performance, that is, if my actions toward other people don't conform or I think they might not conform to certain highly abstract standards, imposed by me, I tend to flip out in scary ways, the fact that 'social performance' includes writing is the main reason I abandoned my academic involvements. So here's a tip: if you're going to cancel social engagements with me, please provide a plausible reason, even if it's that you've decided you hate my guts or something like that, else I will enter an intense retrospective examination of my actions toward you which will escalate into total chaos if I can't identify what I've done wrong, thanks for your consideration.

Peretz just had a touching play interaction with an elderly golden lab, very considerate of her mobility limitations, wonder how he knows to do that.

I'm all about wonder.

No comments: