Monday, July 10, 2006

OK, after fruitless efforts to use 2 different public libraries wireless networks, I'm just using some random one I came across, here's some stuff I wrote over the past couple of days.

---

10:40 pm, 7/9

Kind of enjoying being relatively incommunicado, writing this in a text editor on my totally unnetworked laptop, I think it's feeling a lot worse about the situation than I am, not getting the attention it's used to. Actually left my cell behind when I went out to go swimming earlier, can't remember last time I did that, maybe not since having one. Besides swimming, did a wide variety of vacation activities, blueberry pancakes, startlingly beautiful meadow by lake with dogs, afternoon popovers in another meadow by another lake, wandering around on a mountaintop, reading children's book, doing crossword. There was some dog behavioral unpleasantness over soup bones earlier, everyone seems to be over it now.

In a tiny one room cabin with Peretz, who's hunting bugs, his sudden head movements are pretty distracting- anyway, going to go back to my children's book, will probably keep adding to this until I get around to going by the Southwest Harbor Public Library to use their wireless network, oh, hilarious article in the local paper today with owner of pay wireless access cafe giving 'technical' reasons why the city of Bar Harbor putting open access points in parks is a bad idea.

7:43 am, 7/10

Peretz likes to get up early while on vacation. I don't so much. Need to go buy some better coffee at some point. Overly complex multilevel deck here, going to break something going to pee one of these nights.

My mom just brought me some toast, it's taking some of the edge off my vacation fun hangover. People keep coming by outside looking for me with more toast, better go.

3:30 pm, 7/10

Spent the morning doing dog activities, watching huge waves crash against rocky coast, eating fish 'n' chips. Got some non-Folger's coffee which I should probably make some of. Just drew a few drawings with pens, pencils & paper I bought earlier. Cleared my head nicely, something about being stressed out by vacation demands & there being regular Joe American tourists everywhere I go gets me even more filled with dissatisfaction & longing than usual. Going to try to write some postcards now.

---

Actually wrote a few postcards, will probably go have a lobster roll in a little while, love to all from me & Peretz.

No comments: