Monday, July 03, 2006

Alarmingly harsh day at work with hardware/software chaos on server front, involving multiple trips to Amherst in blasting heat, reboots of servers which should have been in serious use at the time, untangling of mangled data flows, etc. Should have known things were going south when I came in to discover users had horribly fucked up printer over the weekend only to have other users fuck it up even worse trying to fix it. Could use being surrounded by houris w/ peacock fans, rosewater ices, but, as one destined never to be nestled close to the infinitely-nippled, thousand-named bosom of Allah, will have to settle for a burrito, horchata & my own company. Hopefully that will be enough to make me no longer feel like I've received several kicks to the temple & I can enjoy the loud, abrasive music I was planning on enjoying later. Need to make a return trip to work before that, of course, for further unbuggering of our precious network systems.

Parents left for Maine this morning, would be looking forward to some peace & quiet if this work stuff wasn't whispering demoniacally in my ear, "No peace for you, for you are one of damnéd ones..."

No comments: