Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Got about 3 1/2 hrs sleep last night due to recurrent muscle cramp in right calf, went into work early to do some stuff for another business we do support for & the person there wouldn't let me do my job right, in fact she insisted I do it totally wrong, this left me in a pretty sour mood for the rest of the work day. Got out early, went & picked up vegetables from farm share, variety is increasing with the sustained heat, had to face the reality that there was no way I could use them all in the few days I'll actually be here this week, distributed a large portion to various deserving parties. Made a spicy cole slaw. Went accordion shopping with Emily & she actually bought one, achieving a childhood dream apparently, got her a celebratory bottle of Old Krupnik, should go well with turnips, if I ever achieve my childhood dream, you will be able to tell by my no longer being accessible from this reality. On the way back from the accordion dealer's told sordid stories of my childhood friend Debbie- qualuudes, spaghetti-os, intense sexual longing, falls down flights of steps, secret suburban nightmare, blueberry muffins, teen pregnancy, waitressing at TGI Friday's, etc., etc. She was a sweet girl that I was very fond of, but don't go down that road, OK?

2 comments:

poppy bird said...

the old krupnik is rather miraculous stuff. perfect accompaniment for accordion playing, how did you know?

dbr said...

Used to know Old Krupnik himself.