Thursday, July 06, 2006

More rested now, though not by much. Oncoming vacation making me a deer in its headlights. Been watching bits of 'Undeclared' with T, nowhere near as successful as 'Freaks and Geeks', the stereotypes aren't as uncomfortably close to reality and the broader humor makes a louder clunk when it falls flat, but basically OK. Need to work more music into my day-to-day activities. Yesterday was reading this, and while I take Nick's point, I think the situation (not the situation in Austin, which I know nothing much about, but the situation in general) is more complex than he makes out, that is, I don't think sociality surrounding musical performances is necessarily at odds with esthetic appreciation, sure, chatty people at shows can be annoying, people only going to their friends' shows or shows where their friends are going is even more annoying, but one of the strengths of music as a medium is its capacity for shared involvement- oh, whatever, need to go to work.

No comments: