Sunday, October 15, 2006

Warmed up & ate some leftovers, back to reading 'Norwegian Wood'. Narrator is reading 'The Magic Mountain' & it got me thinking I should read some Mann again, often the ways he writes are so similar to ways I might potentially think or write that I find him quite dull, simultaneously it's deeply alien & perhaps dangerous for me, may read some anyway at some point, would welcome suggestions.

Generally feeling pretty tempted by 'serious' literature again lately, has the potential to be very bad for me, hard to explain, basically though, I take it, like so many things, way too seriously.

Intermittent fantasies of being a very different person- far less rational & preoccupied with others, happier. Would like to be sliding gracefully down a mirrored hall full of floating, pretty pictures, constantly surprised by the relationships they reveal to one another, totally heartless. Think it's too late for me, though, if it's not for you, you might want to consider doing same.

Waiting for my cell to pick up a decent charge, then it's probably out into the world with my depressing little book.

No comments: