Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Gray drizzly morning, not as cold, P's still trying to eat mulch. Having muscle spasms in my neck, lots of work to do today, just did some of it, school advisory board committee meeting this evening, not sure how to survive it, took some ibuprofen, will see how long I stay functional.

My attitude toward my own pain is deeply inconsistent with my attitude toward pain in others. Tempting as it is to resolve this by seeing my own as a matter of significance or that of others as a triviality and secondary matter, can't seem to do so, luckily my attitude toward cognitive dissonance is the same, as it is a kind of pain.

Trying to plot a course by dead reckoning as instruments are fried, will get this capsule back to Earth one way or another, won't swear it'll land in one piece. If it doesn't, I'd appreciate it if one of the viewers at home would say goodbye to my nonexistent wife & children for me, if you could, please do so while looking at the Pleiades on a clear night, thanks.

No comments: