Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Trying to shift myself into a mindset in which I pay some attention to my own well-being, not something I'm very good at, too many things going on that I can't do much about right now, trying to convince myself that I need to keep myself in a fit state to deal with them and other situations that may emerge later as opportunities to do so arise, it's kind of a hard sell, may need to make myself some projects that somehow relate to things I actually care about, i.e., not myself, to keep myself busy, feel sense of purpose. Coffee is slowly whipping my brain into shape, long work hours over weekend left me not working much the past couple of days, lots to catch up on, feel urgent desire to go in & deal with it, also strong desire to sit here trying to comfort my dog.

T's been working herself sick in new job, she made some Russian-type apple pies for apple festivals at two of the branches where she works, they're quite good, a sort of cookie crust, think they may not be entirely to normal American tastes, like most Russian desserts, they're a bit dense & seem designed to go with tea, I really like them anyway. She said she would give me the recipe if I wanted to put it up here, measurements will probably all be by weight, though.

Finally finished that Murakami book last night, quite good, intelligent, highly psychologically plausible, was in kind of a blue mood, didn't much help with that unless intensification is a form of help, I guess I act like it is, often enough.

No comments: