Friday, May 19, 2006

Well, that was a waste of time.

Headed off to Concord with my boss at ~10:30AM, got back about 15 minutes ago. Only real work I did was attend a two hour meeting that was mostly a vendor presentation for products that are far too expensive for the company to ever remotely consider buying. Had a nice Thai lunch, a pleasant time chatting with my boss, enjoyed the view from his mountaintop home in Charlemont, lots of driving in the rain.

The more exposure I get to corporate environments, the stranger they seem. I don't understand how anything ever gets done, no one knows what they're talking about- it's time to start a media cooperative, who's with me?

Oh also, my brother was teling me yesterday about books he was cataloging for his job, all mid-19th Century accounts of desperate frontier criminals. I think we should OCR them and start Project Rutentutenberg.

No comments: