Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The level of effort I put into ensuring the daily publication of a newspaper, given my attitude toward news (which, if you don't know, is more like Karl Kraus than Noam Chomsky, with some touches of Matthew Arnold) is a... well, is irony ever really all that delicious? I suppose if you for some reason actually find it so, you should really look me up, as I would be an unwonted cause for delight.

Have the rates of complaint about the lack of irony and sarcasm tags begun to diminish or is it just my imagination? Are the 'limitations' of html training a generation of more sophisticated readers? Or do people just not care anymore (about understanding other people correctly, I mean, not in general, I know they don't care in general)?

Another way for Noams to say, oooooooooooowaaii...

No comments: