Monday, May 15, 2006

On my way to a sushi place (where there was apparently a stabbing earlier today) to meet Joel & Emily, I was forcibly reminded of why I almost never walk into town on my own street by a vigorous splash from a harried commuter. The water mixed in my hair with the powder from the drop ceiling I was running cable through this afternoon, making a delectable post-industrial gravy. Also got a check from my cell phone company refunding the deposit (note of caution to impressionable youth and potential suitors: years of bohemian lifestyle = lousy credit) I had to make last year to get my work-mandated cell phone. That's right kids- over a year in Squaresville, as a nine-to-fiver, as a chump.

Tired as hell, but still basically the same nervous, bookish schoolgirl (the others talk behind their hands, "Will she ever come out of her shell?" Thought bubble over head: "Maybe I should try contacts again...") you all 'know' and 'love.'

No comments: