Thursday, May 18, 2006

Is it something in the water around here that makes so many of the people around me act like spoiled, petulant children? Is it some kind of 'artistic temperament' thing? Is it the logic of late capitalism at work?

More likely, it's just something about me that inspires all sorts of vague, inarticulate negativity in others (there's probably actually nothing vague about it, not that there's any way for me to tell).

There's a lot I'd like to get done, and while I'm perfectly capable of doing things myself, it would be a lot more fun, and, I think, a lot more effective to collaborate more with other people, but every time I try, it's like swimming in treacle with somebody at the side of the pool trying to push me under with a skimming net. Fuck.

Anyway, it's my first day off during the week in a damn long time and apparently I'm going to spend it feeling angry and frustrated.

No comments: