Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A pretty fun evening, went to the pupusaria in S. Hadley with T, Joel & Emily. The place is pretty uniformly great (avoid the salad) and cheap with consistently weird service (waitress forgets 20% of order, leaves all silverware together on one corner of table, our check was written in childlike print on a little square of green paper) , everyone within 100 miles should go there as often as possible. Also managed to pass off some cheesecake on J&E, even Peretz had a little. It was really fun.

At the same time, of course, I had this whole other consciousness going on, floating dark irritability, hyperawareness of my own overly mannered behavior, strange fascination with my boredom with myself, some really high-level, analytically sound despair- the usual business. All the while finding all kinds of things funny that aren't or wouldn't be to you anyway and having every pop song ever written, well at least 5 or 6 of them, running through my head in a gorgeous, ecstatic harmony.

I am a beautiful flower, and it's Spring.

1 comment:

dbr said...

Glad you like it, want some cheesecake?