Saturday, May 20, 2006

OK, so, media production cooperative- what I'd like to do is build up a shared infrastructure for media production and distribution here as this would, in my view, create 'efficiencies' enabling a greater volume of production (I went to a corporate meeting yesterday, sorry). I incline toward understanding the term 'media' pretty broadly, with a slight emphasis, due solely to issues of practicality, on mechanically, electrically, electromechanically, electrooptically, etc. reproducible artworks.

What I, personally, can offer currently in this regard is web hosting, assistance in web development, access to somewhat outdated nonlinear video editing equipment, assistance with computer equipment and training in its use. I'm also willing to front or even just give money for related projects to people I know and trust. (nota bene: if you don't know any of my email addresses or phone numbers, you're almost certainly not someone I know and trust)

Things that I see as desiderata for this project include: nicer a/v production equipment, print making equipment, better scanners/printers, duplication equipment, dedicated facilities, possibly dedicated staff. It would nice to come up with some actual profit streams for this (most of the things I want to do are at best break even propositions), I suppose pursuing web dev work is one option, sadly I don't much enjoy it.

So, please, anybody who's into this kind of stuff, talk to me about it and we'll make stuff happen.

No comments: