Saturday, September 02, 2006

Got back a little while ago from the first of many musical performances I'm planning to attend this weekend, good times, when it got stuffy where the bands were playing, went & read a Dr. Strange comic in the next room, made me kind of wish, as I do from time to time, that I'd been more into superhero comics as a kid, the endless serialization is very appealing. I mostly liked old horror comics, though I did read some Silver Surfer & Ghost Rider as my brother was into them.

I don't know if this is still the case, but it used to be that personal web sites devoted to one's dog(s) or other pet were the watchword for appalling internet kitsch among those who imagined themselves intelligent & interesting. Here's the thing: people's love for their pets is both more intense & better founded than people's love of the images they try to project, love is perfect beauty & eternal delight. Just in case you thought there was no theory behind the practice.



Also, a transit of Uranus.

No comments: