Sunday, September 10, 2006

'Put a Straw Under Baby', 'Southern Girls' ecstatic bookends of an unusually pleasant show experience, a little crowded, really enjoyed the music, got a chance to push Leiris on someone, heard about interesting Easthampton developments, feel more & more like I should be over there getting stuff rolling. Tempting discussion of starting up a Flywheel film night, people didn't know Tati, they're in for a treat if they remember to check him out. So much amazing stuff & the world still sucks so hard, easy to build a happy nest, but not for everyone, it's hard to accept. I feel sometimes that if I could cling to the beauty of certain transient experiences a little longer I could emit a transformative rainbow wave and everything would fall into place. I comfort myself by imagining this a delusion.

Considering going & getting my routine weekend work out of the way in a little while, pretty tired though, may just have to deal with the people who'll inevitably be in working tomorrow morning.

New stirrings afoot, might start acting rashly, conscience wants shorting out first, nothing I can't manage if I want. Maybe something more subtle would be better, hard to judge before the fact, probably will be too tired to do much of anything in any case.

No comments: