Thursday, September 14, 2006

After a day largely spent resenting being taken advantage of by my employer, was further unsettled by receiving totally gratuitous tech support call while out to dinner with my friends. The whole thing makes me feel very uncomfortable, the call was totally trivial to deal with, one sentence answer, done- of course my phone ringing & it being work brings on a bit of a panic response (I am, after all, supposedly on call only for emergencies, even if 90% of the time calls are about what are definitely not actual emergencies, maybe eventually I'll have as little reaction to them as to that emergency broadcast system tone they used to periodically broadcast on TV (do they still do that?)), am I going to be required to abandon my friends halfway through dinner, etc. The whole thing is further complicated by the person calling being probably the last person there I want chastised on my account as he is significantly reducing the tech support workload by actually having a reasonable understanding of our new systems. Basically totally fed up with thinking about things like this and being forced to react in ways to which I am totally disinclined. Soda shop?

Fielded speculative reference librarian interview questions at dinner, need to brush up on theories of reference, then they'll hire me for sure.

Peretz/enormous toad close encounter on walk through town, touched noses before I knew what was happening, then moved on.

1 comment:

poppy bird said...

soda shop.