Saturday, September 09, 2006

Getting ready to head out for some more local soda with an as yet indeterminate number of others, don't know when I finally fell asleep, '13 Rue Madeleine' (which inspired this song) was on after the 'Cat People' remake.

Interspersed with my futile rage of last night was a lot of thinking about how my favorite musics only seem able to eke out a meager parasitic sort of lifestyle along the peripheries of 'scenes' devoted to what seem to me totally different sorts of music, basically scenes seem to require being centered on genre music to thrive. Not that I have anything against genre music as such, but the genres alive among the countercultural youth are, it seems to me & to put it kindly, a bit impoverished when it comes to the esthetic means at their disposal. I guess what I'm saying is- please find a way to be stranger & more beautiful if you haven't already. Sadly, if you do, it will bite you in the ass. Maybe you'll like it.

No comments: