Saturday, July 21, 2007

Hippity hop.

Could've used a longer vacation, it'll have to do.

Moderately eventful drive home, strange iPod behavior patterns, Europop while still on island, transitioning to all sorts of psychedelia once navigating Maine back roads, made me wonder if I hadn't packed the thing with the stuff & forgotten I'd done it, once unthinkable, these days much less so, 'Alone Again Or' came on just in time to finish as I passed the Comfort Inn where I stayed last fall, made me cry so I played it again, catharsis has been pretty thin on the ground of late, will take what I can get.

See right through me, don't exist, or barely, invisible schoolgirl in a negligee, bit of filigree, Glasflügler.

Music returned to its normal eclecticism the moment I hit I-95, drove along under beautiful Maine skies feeling terribly afraid for somebody, minimal basis for that, unfortunately my fears tend to be uncannily accurate when they're regarding others (not always, am often convinced people have been in car accidents when they're late, rarely happens), drag being a sensitive instrument.

Brooding was interrupted by my car stalling at toll booth in New Hampshire, continuing to act squirrelly for a bit after I got it started again. Then was in the middle of a high speed police chase through dense traffic on 495 near Andover, little white convertible speeding down the breakdown lane, cops in close pursuit, at some point Andover police piled on from an on ramp and stopped the guy, wonder what that was all about, maybe I'll look into it later.

Took 495 to 2, passed smoothly through Athol, rest of trip was without incident, lovely day for a drive.

Anyway, tired soldier, fascist advance to be stopped, bleh.

Think my first step toward addressing that will be to lie down in this comfortable looking snow pile & read the new Harry Potter book.

Could've used a longer vacation.

No comments: