Thursday, July 12, 2007

Dropping off rented video at the store, whiff of Stinktier, lingering scent on the way home.

All this highway driving after dropping my mom at her hotel, haven't done much of that lately, meditative, different sort of thinking than I do alone in my room or walking with Peretz, cooler, more detached, more like myself in some ways.

It may seem strange to continue to love someone who's treated me with terrible cruelty- it's not that the way people treat me is totally irrelevant to how I feel about them, though I think it's less important to me than it is to most people, it's more that if I feel one way or another about people and their actions continue to seem consistent with what I already thought about them, their personality, the ways they're likely to act, then there's no reason for me to feel any differently about them. That's very much how it is in this case.

So, anyway, it's not some desperate unreasoning passion, not at all, just me acting like myself. Don't see why I should feel any differently, so I don't. Unlikely to.

Going to go walk the dog & think some more in a different mode. Roving, alert.

No comments: