Saturday, August 04, 2007

Blueberries & sour cream.

Tubes & Cubes, pale blue carpet.

Was it the bit with the liver that made her toss Portnoy's Complaint aside? Made me think I'd found someone I could relate to when I read that as a kid.

Attitudes to sexual & other mores aside, my grandma & I were a lot alike, fond of word games & fresh fruit, hypercritical.

Was it in 'Goodbye, Columbus' that the poor, Jewish kid from the city went out to the suburbs and there was a refrigerator stuffed with fresh fruit?

Philip Roth went to my mom's high school. So did Jerry Lewis.

Her 50th high school reunion's next May, at the shore. May go down & play skee ball.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerry Lewis went to your mom's high school?! Holy crap! I guess that's why the football team is called the Fighting LAAAADIIIEEES!

My dad just told me that he went to college with Alvin Curran.