Saturday, August 11, 2007

Another lovely morning for a walk, 'Father & Son', 'Mother & Child Reunion' stuck in my head, the second kind of a lousy song, always liked that it was named after a Chinese dish, chicken & egg.

Let myself get opened up, person who did that seems to have had second thoughts about that being a good idea, I've given it a lot of thought myself & decided it's better, sticking with it.

"I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I watered it in fears
Night and morning with my tears,
And I sunned it with smiles
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright,
And my foe beheld it shine,
And he knew that it was mine -

And into my garden stole
When the night had veiled the pole;
In the morning, glad, I see
My foe outstretched beneath the tree."

Believe I've said it before, or perhaps just implied it, but people should really read more Blake.

If one feels wronged by something done by two people for which both of them, on the face of it, seem equally blameworthy, and one, for external reasons, wishes to reapportion blame onto only one of the two, an easy way to do that is to treat the one you want to let off as lacking moral agency. Would rather be blamed, even twice as much as I deserve, than infantilized. Nice when people get what they prefer even when they aren't given the opportunity to choose.

No facts about the world imply a reaction to those facts.

No comments: