Thursday, August 09, 2007

My Ray Birdwhistell book arrived, went to Black Sheep for napoleons, also got berry tarts, apricot rugelach. Bought these things with my share of the money T got from dumping our change jar into a Golden Goat (actually I believe they're called CoinStars locally, less poetic- actually I think Golden Goats take cans not coins, anyway more poetic).

I find that with the things I actually care about taken away, free association & wordplay make pretty passable springs of action. Amor fati, I hold by my whimsy.

Discussing interesting item with my brother on IM, his company is auctioning it off, I guess.

Hard to decide if it's better to have chosen misery or to have had it thrust upon you.

Thinking about rereading The Nine Tailors, as I remember it's quite nicely plotted.

No comments: