Thursday, May 24, 2007

Walking the dog, thinking about snapshots, cultivating the idea of multiplicity, trying to see things as they are.

"A million people on one string?
And all their manner in the thing"

Always reminds me of Dr. Seuss.

One New Year's some friends of mine & I read that poem aloud in my bedroom in Nashville. Later conversation with one of them, after they had hurt each other, in her bedroom in Brooklyn, about film, my interest in movies without people in them, her lack of interest in same, clocks, automata, movie cameras, time & machines, the simulation of life.

Tick tock.

"I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself."

There's a place in France.

Endless signs, funny, sticks & stones may break my bones, but whips & chains excite me.

Senior netizen.

No comments: