Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Had a nice walk with Peretz out in the bitter cold, discussed asymmetries in people's perceptions of themselves and others. A big thing is that people tend to expect themselves to change and learn from experience while they expect others to stay exactly the same whatever happens. People actually stay mostly the same, of course, but learn some things sometimes and change accordingly. Peretz is extremely proud of his ability to always stay exactly the same, I think I've been trying to emulate him a little too much lately. Not that he isn't admirable, turns out it just isn't my thing. I've been taking being reliable to the point of letting myself get into postures and attitudes that don't suit me at all. I'm still pretty reliable with respect to most things, let me know if you need anything.

No comments: