Saturday, December 26, 2009

Enjoying some much needed downtime, listening to The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, eating gulab jamun, etc.

Find myself thinking more than I'd like about how tedious it is to be employed by an organ of journalism, helping push forward things that are among my least favorite in our sad little human world, should probably find something else to do, sigh. Halfway wishing I had the wearwithal to start producing tasty food professionally, where my interests and those of the world at large meet, pretty much.

One moment, everything things flat, like a sheet of paper, an inept singer; next, everything is alive with detail and interest. If I got more sleep, I like to imagine, there'd be more of the second.

Warm rest on the couch really does seem do be doing Peretz a world of good, barely any shakiness at all on our afternoon walk.

Had some really good grilled cornbread earlier, served with a veggie chili a tad too acidic, sadly.

No comments: